Friday, February 20, 2015

Manicure and pedicure - Quebec winter version

Just back from chemo. It went well and believe it or not I did have a "tropical moment" just as I was starting to soak my nails. That did help at least for the first little while!  It wasn't as bad as I thought, just that moment when your toes pain because they are completely frozen and are not yet numb. After that I couldn't feel anything. Reminded me of when I was a little kid and refused to come inside on a winter's day because I was having so much fun, trying to ignore my frozen feet.  Karey kept me busy as we yack, yack, yacked. And she even set up a tropical corner with a picture of palm trees, flowers in a vase and a little flowery crown for my head, so I could imagine I was on a beach in the hot sun!!! It was a blast!!

The pictures below show us in the chemo room at the hospital: Karey, who is wearing her Hawaian shirt and me in the flowery crown! This was during my intervenous chemo treatment and soaking of my finger/toe nails. You will notice the great ziplock bags to protect my feet. Pretty chic, hey?!

Thanks, Karey for making an otherwise nerve-wrecking day, one of fun and laughter!!





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment