Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Laughter is the best medicine

Well, because life is not always hard and dramatic. Actually there are some pretty funny moments too. Maintaining a sense of humour throughout my journey has been something that has helped me immensely. I once heard an interview with a lady who was over 100 yrs old. When she was asked the secrets to her longevity, one of her responses was: the ability to laugh at herself.
In one of the books I'm reading called: Living through Breast Cancer with Faith, Hope and Laughter I found the following quotes, which ring so true to me at this time:

Humour is a prelude to faith and laughter is the beginning of a prayer.  -Reinhold Niebuhr

The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances.- Martha Washington

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine. -Lord Byron

Give me a sense of humor, Lord
Give me the grace to see a joke,
To get some happiness from life,
And pass it on to other folk.  -Prayer in Chester Cathedral

So the following photos are my comic relief...enjoy!

See what he puts me through?!

Luckily, his assistant is more gentle

                                                  Do you see the ressemblance? 
I look into my Crystal ball and see...a bright future!

                        With the "Moms' night out" girls. Who is that beautiful blond?!


Having fun with the wigs

       

                    OK it is MY wig                                   My "Madame" look    


Some winter fun shots - because there are days when I am feeling good!
Downhill skiing with Rachel - Just started learning to ski last winter and I love it on the slopes!

Skating with my honey (no needle included)

A walk in the woods on a beautiful winter day

No comments:

Post a Comment