Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The gift of friendship

I was thinking the other day about all the messages of encouragement, solidarity and love that I have received since the beginning of this journey. I was so touched while considering the number of people who have been a part of my life during my "almost" 50 years, whether more recently or in the past. One day I receive a message from a childhood friend, or a former collegue. Another day I read one from a homeschool mom or a member of my first Church, or my family - all with the same desire to support, encourage me and communicate their affection. WOW!! I am overwhelmed! I was sharing with Daniel the other night: why does it take a sickness to stop and tell those around us just how important and special they are for us? However, they are, we believe it...but life is so busy, its demands take up all our time. With this in mind, I would like to take this opportunity to express to all those who have encouraged me since the beginning of my new challenge a BIG THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. You have warmed my heart in a way you cannot begin to imagine. You are a partner with me in this fight and help me not to give up! I believe you are a gift of God in my life! So during this Christmas season why not tell someone you love just how much you appreciate them; it's the perfect gift to offer. A very Merry Christmas to all!
                                         My new "short hair look" ...while I still have hair

No comments:

Post a Comment